Schedule of Events for the AKDHA 84th Reunion September 7-9, 2018
- Mt. Zion Lutheran Church Family Life Center, 4420 County Home Road, Conover, NC 28612.
- Catawba County Museum of History, 30 N College Ave. Newton, NC 28658
- Southside Park, 1775 Southwest Blvd. Newton, NC 28658
At all events:
- Reunion Schedules and maps available
- Order your 85th AKDHA Reunion Cookbooks (enter your favorite recipe additions to the cookbook)
- Place your orders for Killian mugs, glass cups and other collectables from
Rustic Cotton Designs.
Friday, September 7, 2018
- 5:00-6:00pm: Registration and fellowship at Mt.
Zion Lutheran Church Family Life Center.
- 6:00pm: Pot Luck dinner. The suggestion is to
bring enough to feed your family and two guests.
- Music provided by the "Catawba Bluegrass Band".
- 7:00pm Auction (bring
family items, Killian bricks, Dr. Killian Books, Packets, etc.)>
- 7:30pm: Wrap up evening with a group photo.
Saturday, September 8, 2018
- 10:00am: Catawba County Museum of History Tour
- Noon: Registration Packets, Southside Heights Park
(grill hamburgers & hot dogs provided by AKDHA, play Bingo, and other
games, prizes from Dollar Tree)
- 4:00pm: AKDHA business meeting / scholarship
awards, Lifetime Achievement Award, Prize (may have Silver Dollars) for youngest/oldest/farthest traveled, etc.
- 5:00pm: Wrap up picnic activities with a group photo.
- Rain-out: All activities moved to Mt. Zion
Lutheran Church Family Life Center
Sunday, September 9, 2018
- Church Services of your choice.
- 10:00am: Church Service Old St. Paul's Church.
- 10:30am: Church Service Mt. Zion Lutheran Church.
- 1:00pm: Catered Lunch by the SAMS Club at Mt. Zion Church Family Life Center.
- Condensed recap of business meeting
- James W. Green III giving DNA class in another room or corner of meeting hall.
- Group photo and farewells until reunion next year
85th AKDHA Reunion Plans
- Cookbook (recipes can be sent to Kandace Waller, Kim Sipe or AKDHA P.O. Box)
- Coffee & drinking cups, & T-shirts (new type, AKDHA logo, AKDHA pin)
- Flags on all Killian tombstones (stick German flag with AKDHA pin)
- Hart Square Tour
- Bus (will ask at 84th AKDHA Reunion) for Hart Square Tour